The final step in D.I.G.ing down to our foundation is Goals.
We have the dream of going back to college and we see ourselves enrolled in a program. Now we need some goals. Taking the school example again, we can set some goals.
- Goal#1 – Have a college, trade school or certification program picked out by January 1st.
- Goal#2 – Apply to the Institution of my choice by February 1st.
- Goal #3 – Enroll in (2) classes by March 1st.
- Goal#4 – Get material needed for classes (books, calculator, etc.) by April 1st.
- Goal#5 – Start Classes on April 15th.
- Block class time and time for studying on my calendar
- Goal#6 – Complete classes with a B or better (classes end Oct 15th)
- Repeat the process next semester until the program is done.
Without goals that clearly define your dreams and imaginations, you won’t obtain them. Once you have your goals and the deadlines, Take Action!